Thursday, December 18, 2008

If it's Raining, it Must be the Christmas Pageant

True to form, last night around 6:30 it started spitting rain. With a tent up at the Island Academy, that could only mean one thing.....it was the night of the Christmas Pageant.

And, as usual, the staff did a remarkable job. The kids were adorable, their songs were precious, and I cried like a baby.....there's just something about those little tiny kids with their best little elf faces on, trying to remember their lines, and their movements.....



Jeannie, Mary and Libby waiting for the show to start




Santa's little elves all in a row......waiting their turn on stage




You can see the anticipation in their little faces.....




This little guy was kind of laid back.....an old pro, no doubt.




Mary's twins watched from the sidelines......







Renita put several of the clips together for a little video......



Now, when I see these little ones, I remember mine, dressed up in their little outfits, getting nervous about being up on stage, the way they walked....giggled.....
it all came flooding back.....and I had to sneak out on the beach and place a long distance phone call...woke my daughter up, made her cry, told her I loved her. Sometimes, that's just what you have to do.






My little ones! Above, my daughter, some 25+ years ago



My granddaughter, the REAL Cinderella.......


1 comment:

tacogirl said...

Great pic of Jeanie Mary and Libby